I guess I need to start eating breakfast! I made a bunch of mini quiches and froze them. The reheated quiches were just as delicious. I adapted a recipe from Canadian Living.
Start off with your quiche base:
- 24 Frozen mini tart shells, (in foil cups) thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- I added a chopped caramelized onion, because I love that
Then make your filling. I made two kinds.
- 3-5 slices of ham or Canadian bacon, about 3/4 cups when chopped
- 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 package of cream cheese
1. Take a baking sheet and spread out the tart shells. Mix the ham and cheese together and divide among half the tarts. Mix the spinach and cream cheese together and divide among the other half. Divide caramelized onions among all the tarts.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour the mixture among the tarts.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until tarts are golden and the mixture is set. Serve warm or refrigerate for up to 3 days. I froze the quiches in ziplock baggies and reheated in the microwave for 45 seconds.
The quiches were tasty! I might try a fancy cheese next time, like brie or gruyere.